Dear Parents/ Guardians
1. To ensure that this year’s Chinese New Year (CNY) Celebration on 11 February 2021 can be carried out safely for our students, it will comprise class-based activities and Safe Management Measures (SMM) will be observed. We would like to highlight key details below:
a. There will be no change in staggered reporting timings for lower and upper secondary students at 0740hrs and 0730hrs respectively. Staggered dismissal timings are as follows to reduce congestion.
b. Given the early dismissal, there will be no recess breaks. Students are strongly advised to have their breakfast before coming to school. They will also be allowed to bring a light snack for personal consumption in their respective classrooms on that day.
c. Students are also encouraged to wear red t-shirts with school skirt/shorts/trousers for the celebration. Alternatively, they would be expected to be in their school polo t-shirts or full school uniform.
2. It is the school’s tradition to give back to the Punggol community during this festive season. Each class has been requested to source for and donate some simple non-perishable food items and daily necessities to the residents of Bright Hill Evergreen Home. We would like to thank you for your support in advance for the elderly during these difficult times. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact your child’s/ward’s Class Mentor.
3. Lastly, the students will be making lanterns and cards as part of the Chinese New Year Celebration. It is hoped that this will also help strengthen students’ empathy for others, one of our core school values, as these items will also be sent to the residents of Bright Hill Evergreen Home to bring them added festive cheer.
4. Normal lessons will resume on 16 February (Tuesday). Please be reminded that 15 February (Monday) will be a school holiday.
5. We would also like to take this opportunity to update you on plans for our 15th Anniversary Jogathon. We were looking forward to the possibility of organising this annual running event in February, along Punggol Waterway as in previous years. We regret that we are unable to do so without clear improvements in the COVID-19 situation. Nonetheless, the school will continue to organise an internal sporting event – FITSPIRATION – on 12 March (Friday) for our students and staff. More details will be provided closer to the date of the event.
6. On behalf of the staff in Greendale Secondary, we wish you and your family a Joyous Chinese New Year holiday ahead.
Ms Amy Ng
Principal, Greendale Sec