Agreement – Terms
1. Thank you for visiting The Greendale Chronicle (“The e-Chronicle”). The e-Chronicle is owned and maintained by Greendale Secondary School (MOE), Singapore (hereinafter “GDLS”).
2. All access of any area of The e-Chronicle is governed by the terms and conditions below (“Terms”). If you do not accept any of these Terms, exit immediately. Continue only if you accept these terms.
3. In these Terms, the words “we,” “our” and “us” refer to GDLS.
4. GDLS reserves the right to change these Terms from time to time. Your use of The e-Chronicle constitutes your agreement to any modified Terms.
Access to The e-Chronicle
5. The accessibility and operation of The e-Chronicle relies on technologies outside our control. We do not guarantee continued accessibility or uninterrupted operation of The e-Chronicle.
Relying on Information
6. The e-Chronicle is provided for general information only. We do not guarantee the timeliness, accuracy, completeness or reliability of any statements, opinion, representation or other information in The e-Chronicle. You should do your own checks.
7. The materials located on The e-Chronicle, including the information as well as software programs available on or through it (“the Contents”), are protected by copyright, trademark and other forms of proprietary rights. All rights, title and interest in the Contents are owned by, licensed to or controlled by GDLS.
8. Where appropriate we use available technology to protect the security of communications made through The e-Chronicle. We do not, however, accept liability for the security, authenticity, integrity or confidentiality of any transactions and other communications made through The e-Chronicle.
9. Internet communications may be susceptible to interference or interception by third parties. Despite our best efforts, we make no warranties that The e-Chronicle is free of infection by computer viruses or other unauthorised software.
10. We are not responsible or liable for the availability or content of any other Internet site (not provided by us) linked to or from The e-Chronicle. Access to any other site is at your own risk.
11. If you create a link or frame to The e-Chronicle you do so at your own risk.
12. Private entities who wish to have their websites hyperlinked on The e-Chronicle can write to The Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org, with their contact details, the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the proposed link, a brief write-up of their website’s function, and reasons for wanting to be hyperlinked on The e-Chronicle.
13. We reserve the right to object to, or disable any link or frame to or from The e-Chronicle.
14. We reserve the right to change the URL of The e-Chronicle.
15. Materials, including design, source codes, pages, documents and online graphics, audio and video in The e-Chronicle are protected by law. The intellectual property rights in the materials are owned or licensed to us. All rights reserved (© Greendale Secondary School (Ministry of Education), Government of Singapore)
16. Apart from any fair dealings for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or review, as permitted by law, no part of The e-Chronicle may be reproduced or reused for any commercial purposes whatsoever without our prior written permission. The modification of the materials on The e-Chronicle is prohibited.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability
17. We will not be liable for any loss or damage:
a. that you may incur on account of using, visiting or relying on any statement, opinion, representation or information in The e-Chronicle;
b. resulting from any delay in the operation or transmission, communications failure, Internet access difficulties or malfunctions in equipment or software; or
c. the conduct or the views of any person who accesses or uses The e-Chronicle.